By loading the video, data will be sent to YouTube. More information can be found in our data protection policy.
Virtual event // UN Food Systems Summit
The United Nations Food Systems Summit will be a completely virtual event during the UN General Assembly High-level week. Through this people’s summit, the UN will reaffirm its commitment to promote human rights for all and ensure everyone, everywhere has the opportunity to participate. The event is open to all through its virtual programme and this virtual platform.
September 23, 2021
About the event
Over the past 18 months, the Summit has brought together all UN Member States and constituencies around the world – including thousands of youth, food producers, Indigenous Peoples, civil society, researchers, private sector, and the UN system – to bring about tangible, positive changes to the world’s food systems. As a people’s summit and a solutions summit, it has recognized that everyone, everywhere must take action and work together to transform the way the world produces, consumes, and thinks about food.
The UN Food Systems Summit will culminate this inclusive global process, offering a catalytic moment for public mobilization and actionable commitments by heads of state and government and other constituency leaders to take this agenda forward.
The Summit will follow the three-day Pre-Summit gathering in Rome last week (July 26-28), during which Amina J. Mohammed, UN Deputy Secretary-General, outlined the expectations for the Summit, which include:
- A statement of action from the UN Secretary-General
- A compendium of the Summit’s two-year preparations
- National dialogues and pathways for food systems to deliver the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030
- Coalitions cutting across the five Action Tracks and incorporating the four Levers of Change around key areas
- A follow-up and review process supported by the UN and its agencies
You can register here for the virtual event.
For more information follow the UN Food Systems Summit on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. More information about the 2021 UN Food Systems Summit and list of Advisory Committee and Scientific Group members can be found online on https://www.un.org/foodsystemssummit.
- Hybrid event // United Nations Food Systems Pre-Summit 2021
- Nexus Blog // Powering Sustainable Food Systems
- Publication // Embedding the United Nations sustainable development goals into energy systems analysis: expanding the food–energy–water nexus
- Publication // Discussion Paper: Sustainable Energy and Food Systems