Each year, the HLPF reviews several SDGs and discusses progress towards the 2030 Agenda under an overarching theme. In 2018, the theme is Transformation towards sustainable and resilient societies, a theme of relevance to contemporary migration.
The goals under review in 2018 are:
- Goal 6: Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all;
- Goal 7: Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all;
- Goal 11: Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable;
- Goal 12: Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns;
- Goal 15: Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss; and
- Goal 17: Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development.