SDGs // High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF) 2018
The High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF) is convened in New York on 9-18 July 2018. The HLPF is the principal UN body mandated to review implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Each year, the HLPF reviews several SDGs and discusses progress towards the 2030 Agenda under an overarching theme. In 2018, the theme is Transformation towards sustainable and resilient societies, a theme of relevance to contemporary migration.
The goals under review in 2018 are:
- Goal 6: Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all;
- Goal 7: Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all;
- Goal 11: Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable;
- Goal 12: Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns;
- Goal 15: Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss; and
- Goal 17: Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development.