About Water Innovation Europe
Water Europe (WE) was initiated by the European Commission (EC) in 2004 as the European Technology Platform (ETP) for water with the name WssTP. This ETP status was renewed by the EC in 2013 in line with its ETP2020 strategy. In 2007, WE was transformed into a member-based multistakeholder platform under Belgian law. Since then, the membership and activities of the organisation have continuously grown and evolved in line with its ambition to represent the whole value-chain of water and achieve a European Water-Smart Society.
EU Water Policy: What's Next?
The first United Nations Water conference for 46 years has just concluded, reminding us of the need to take action now. This challenge opens a wide range of opportunities for the whole society while making more and more pressing the required investment in resilient infrastructure. Everybody has a role to play, and Europe is not exempt from this task.
During the last years, the EU institutions have been deploying the Green Deal to create a paradigm shift towards a green, resilient, and digitalised Europe. Despite positive developments in the EU legislation, such as the Zero Pollution Strategy, the legislative proposal of the Industrial Emissions Directive and the Urban Wastewater Treatment Directive, water-related risks have been underestimated and managed with a fragmented perspective. Europe must go further!
As we approach the end of this Commission’s mandate, it’s time to raise the following question: What’s next? We believe that Europe must not close the Green Deal chapter but open a second one for a Water-Smart Strategy which will put water – the main natural resource of our society, economy, and environment – at the heart of the next Commission’s programme.
Water Innovation Europe aims at shaping the European water-related future by offering new perspectives and insights from high-level EU decision-makers and experts of the water sector and bringing forward the latest updates and trends on new water technologies and innovations.
Reasons to Attend the Event
- Shape EU's water future: The event offers a unique opportunity to hear from a variety of top-notch speakers of the water sector. By gaining new perspectives and insights, you will unlock new opportunities for the future of the water sector.
- Connect with your peers: Join the conference’s targeted networking and extra speed dating sessions to engage with key actors. You can network and debate with EU-level decision makers, leading actors, companies from across the water sector.
- Raise your profile and visibility: You can take the floor and showcase your work in front of a targeted pan-European audience. By attending the conference’s digital exhibition, you can increase your brand’s visibility and meet potential partners.
- Stay ahead of the curve: WIE offers you the chance to learn and get the latest updates on the new technologies, innovations and projects. This will allow you to get the vibe of current and future market trends and how you can take advantage of them.
Date, Location and Agenda
June 20-22, 2023 (Brussels, Belgium).
See the Agenda here.
- Event // World Water Week, August 2023
- Online Event // Nexus Gains Talk- Country-Driven Nexus Food and Land Use System Pathways to Achieve Global Goals
- Professional Development Training // Masterclass in (WEFE) Nexus Development: Water-Energy-Food Ecosystems in the South Mediterranean
- Global FRIEND Water 2023 International Conference // Addressing unsolved problems in hydrology for a water secure world in a changing environment