The challenge of integrating and optimising the components of this multi-centric nexus is examined, with four case studies being presented in this publication. Various criticisms levelled at the WEF nexus, such as the neglect of livelihoods and the environment in assessments, are noted, together with governance considerations associated with this framework. Finally, the potential of the WEF nexus to contribute to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals is reviewed.
- The Development of the Water Energy Food Nexus as a Framework for Achieving Resource Security A Review
- Publication // Resilience Meets the Water–Energy–Food Nexus: Mapping the Research Landscape |
- Publication // A Review of the Water–Energy–Food Nexus Research in Africa
- Publication // Water-Energy-Food Nexus: Critical Review, Practical Applications, and Prospects for Future Research
- Publication // Water-energy-food security: A Nexus perspective of the current situation in Latin America and the Caribbean