- Basic Statistics of the Republic of Korea
- Executive Summary
- Assessment and Recommendations
- Characterising the Water-Energy-Land-Food Nexus in Korea
- Managing water for the Water-Energy-Land-Food nexus in Korea
- Towards policy coherence and sustainable management of the Water-Energy-Land-Food nexus in Korea
- Towards effective water governance for the sustainable management of the Water-Energy-Land-Food nexus in Korea
Water is essential for economic growth, human health, and the environment. Yet governments around the world face significant challenges in managing their water resources effectively. The problems are multiple and complex: billions of people are still without access to safe water and adequate sanitation; competition for water is increasing among the different uses and users; and major investment is required to maintain and improve water infrastructure in OECD and non-OECD countries. This OECD series on water provides policy analysis and guidance on the economic, financial and governance aspects of water resources management. These aspects generally lie at the heart of the water problem and hold the key to unlocking the policy puzzle.