Duration: 1 year, renewable
Duty Station: Athens, Greece
Occupation: Full time engagement
The Global Water Partnership (GWP) is a multi-stakeholder platform supported by a global secretariat that is established as an intergovernmental organization to support countries in their efforts to implement a more equitable and sustainable management of their water resources. The GWP network spans 13 regions with more 60 country water partnerships and over 3,000 institutional Partners in 180+ countries. The global secretariat is hosted by the GWP Organisation (GWPO) located in Stockholm, Sweden. More information: www.gwp.org
The Global Water Partnership – Mediterranean (GWP-Med) is responsible for the Mediterranean region, covering countries of the Near East, North Africa, Southeastern Europe and the European Union. GWP-Med is legally represented by MIO-ECSDE, holding non- governmental organization (NGO) status, based on a Host Institute Agreement between GWPO and MIO-ECSDE. GWP-Med is serviced by the GWP-Med Secretariat, currently with human capacities in Athens, Beirut, Ohrid, Podgorica, Pristina, Tirana and Tunis. For more information: www.gwpmed.org
GWP-Med is seeking to recruit a Programme Officer (PO) to:
- manage, implement and further develop the GWP-Med Technical Water Solutions agenda in a Non-Conventional Water Resources and Water-Energy-Food-Ecosystem (WEFE) Nexus content as well as the interlinked Water-Employment-Migration agenda, with emphasis in South Europe e.g. Greece, Malta, Cyprus, etc. These would materialise primarily through projects supported by The Coca-Cola Foundation, and through other related projects and partnerships supported by private (like Reckitt Benckiser and other interested companies) and institutional entities (like the European Commission, PRIMA Foundation), as relevant.
- develop partnerships with the range of stakeholders, including private companies and foundations, for implementation of and fundraising for the GWP-Med agenda.
- assist implementation and further development of GWP-Med thematic and work agendas in the Mediterranean, including in Western Balkans and Middle East & North Africa, as may be needed and delegated.
More details about the post are provided in the Terms of Reference in Annex I.
Details about the post are provided in the Terms of Reference in Annex I.
Applicants are requested to study the Terms of Reference provided in Annex I. Interested candidates can apply by sending an e-mail to the attention of Ms. Zoe Karka, firstname.lastname@example.org with the indication ‘‘Application for PO/Athens” in the subject, attaching the following documents:
• a motivation letter, in English, briefly explaining why they are a suitable candidate for the advertised position, describing their experience, qualifications and competencies responding to the position’s needs. Contents should focus on the qualifications relative to the position’s requirements. The cover letter should be 1 page max.
• their comprehensive CV, in English,including contact details, past experience and achievements in similar posts, and reference contacts. The CV should be 3 pages max (pertinent annexes may be attached).
Incomplete applications will NOT be considered. Please make sure you have provided all requested information.
Wednesday, 5 May 2021
For further information or clarifications please contact Ms. Zoe Karka, GWP-Med Administration Officer: email@example.com
Job posting originally appear here on GWP-Med's website