The Water Integrity Network (WIN) is an NGO that aims to improve integrity and reduce corruption in the water and sanitation sector globally, and advocates for better governance with an international network of partners. We develop and promote tools on this topic, conduct research and capacity development worldwide, with the aim of improving performance and equity to the benefit of poor and marginalised communities in particular.
Overview of the Role
The Programme Coordinator will report to the Executive Director, and contribute to a dynamic, multicultural team in building partnerships and alliances, raising resources, and implementing
WIN’s strategic objectives. The Programme Coordinator is responsible for two distinct work
- Development and implementation of programmes, partnerships and strategic advocacy in Africa (particularly East Africa) including resource mobilisation for the same;
- Monitoring and evaluation of the WIN Strategy implementation.
The Programme Coordinator contributes to knowledge sharing and learning functions within the WIN Association and with partners, global fundraising and partnership management, and participates in other WIN activities such as tools development and training.
The Programme Coordinator will coordinate activities with partners in Kenya and East Africa, and potentially more broadly in Africa, and project manage activities in the various countries with the aim of promoting integrity and reducing corruption risks in the water and sanitation sector. The Programme Coordinator will also work to strengthen networks on water integrity in
relevant countries, regions and programmes and play a key role in fundraising for activities in these countries.
The Programme Coordinator will also be responsible for ensuring effective monitoring of WIN’s work and provide strategic advice on evaluation activities.
- Lead the development and management of WIN initiatives and programmes in East Africa and Africa more broadly, including managing budgets, consultants and coordinating contributions from other team members and partners.
- Lead implementation of WIN’s programme in Kenya in accordance with the global strategy and annual planning, including planning and coordination of advocacy, public oversight, research and capacity development activities with partners, procurement and coordination of consultants.
- Act as contact point with donors investing in East Africa and Kenya, and other strategic partners such as NGOs and public sector partners.
- Ensure good quality reports for ongoing contracts with donors and partners in the region.
- Contribute actively to and further develop initiatives and programmes for integrity advancement in Africa.
- Lead the development of monitoring indicators and processes and perform quarterly monitoring of the WIN Strategy implementation
- Supervise regular evaluation of WIN’s Strategy and programmes.
- Promote WIN’s values internally and externally.
- Document stories and lessons learnt from the East Africa work.
- Develop funding proposals.
- Develop and implement relevant projects with international partners.
- Organise, workshops, meetings, training courses, and other events relevant to the East Africa programme.
Status and contract
Full time position. Starting 1 April 2022.
Location: WIN office, Berlin, Germany. Conditions include options for partial working from home if desired.
Remuneration: Depending upon experience, within WIN salary scale, grade III (programme coordinator). Relocation allowance according to WIN e.V. rules.
WIN e.V. is an equal opportunity employer.
Required Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in implementing international development programmes, preferably in the water and sanitation sector (with specific experience in water governance/system strengthening) or in the anti-corruption field
- At least 2 years of experience working in Africa, having developed a network of relevant contacts and a track record of achievements
- Experience in working in (preferably multistakeholder) partnerships
- Fluency in English with working knowledge of French an additional benefit
- Demonstrable experience in fundraising, project development/budgeting and proposal writing.
- Relevant post-graduate degree
- Experience in facilitation of events and workshops, conducting training and public speaking
- Excellent communication, writing, and organisational skills
- Knowledge of, and experience with, promoting gender equity desirable
- Experience with NGO advocacy desirable
- Experience working in a small dedicated team is a plus
Qualified candidates are invited to submit via email a cover letter and CV, including contact information of 2 reference persons, to: email@example.com.
Deadline for applications is March 17, 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Download the full job description here.