This job vacancy was initially published on the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH website.
About the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for the EU-funded tender: „Technical Assistance to the Programme EU Support to Green Economy” in Jordan.
The Overall Objective (Impact) of this action is to contribute to the development of a green, environmentally sustainable and socially inclusive post COVID-19 economy through the enhanced implementation of Jordan’s green growth strategy and action plan.
The specific objectives (Outcomes) of this contract are as follows:
enhanced sustainable and efficient production and consumption patterns in the industrial sector; enhanced coordination and sustainable resource management in the energy, water and agriculture sectors (nexus); enhanced sustainable public and private transport; enhanced circular economy and improved biodiversity and nature conservation in local development.
The operational base for the project is Amman. Based on the needed input, working outside Amman is expected. As for the study tours, this should be taken into consideration to reflect best practices and ensure exchange of Know-how with EU and international best practices.
Start date & period of implementation: The intended start date is 1st November 2023 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 42 months from this date.
- Support the design and development of water security programs and projects, ensuring alignment with organizational goals and strategies, donor requirements, and best practices.
- Lead the design of country level strategy processes to build a vision for teams seeking to grow their water security program portfolio.
- Support country and project teams in designing and conducting thorough needs assessments and analysis to identify priority areas for intervention and develop evidence-based program strategies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design innovative and context-specific approaches that address water security challenges, considering social, economic, and environmental dimensions.
- Ensure integration of gender equality, social inclusion, and environmental sustainability principles into program design and implementation.
- Lead and contribute to the development of high-quality proposals, including providing technical inputs, conducting research, and drafting program narratives and budgets.
- Contribute to agency-wide initiatives such as the research agenda around water security.
Qualifications and Skills
- University degree as an engineer or economist, or equivalent;
- Good knowledge of green economy policies, particularly focusing on the promotion of Energy-Water-Food Nexus of relevant actors and financing mechanisms at international level;
- In-depth knowledge of methods and software related to green economy demand analysis, statistics, organisation of data into efficient data bases, and relevant forecasts;
- Good command of English, in speaking and writing. English will be the working language and all produced documents will have to be written in English
- Good pedagogic and communication capabilities;
General professional experience
- At least 10 years' experience of the organisation, analysis and implementation for the Energy-Water-Food Nexus themes, including data analysis, undertaking relevant surveys, and implementation of Nexus projects, possibly in several EU countries, preferably in a green economy sector administration;
- Experience of the elaboration of Nexus scenarios;
- At least 5 years' experience of cost benefit and market analysis of green economy/Energy-Water-Food Nexus investments;
- Experience of the assessment of Nexus potentials and markets;
- Experience on guiding on strategic/legal/regulatory green economy development.
Specific professional experience
- Experience of methods to monitor and assess the impacts of government actions;
- Experience in the introduction of the Nexus themes to the energy, water, food, transport, waste to energy and environment/Climate Change sectors;
- Knowledge of specific software, related e.g. to processing of results of surveys;
- Experience of the interactive use of Internet in collection and publication of statistics.
- Knowledge of EU procedures would be an advantage
Further Information and Application
Click here for more information on the job vacancy and the application.