The sector programme Water Policy – Innovation for Resilience (WaPo-RE) is a supraregional project and advises the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) on shaping German development cooperation in the water sector. It is working on specific topics such as adaptation to climate change, sanitation and wastewater management, (transboundary) water resource management and the water-energy-food security Nexus within the “Nexus Regional Dialogues Programme (NRD)”, which is part of the sector programme. The NRD-team supports the BMZ and the European Union in regional and international exchange on the Water-Energy-Food Security Nexus (WEF Nexus). The aim is to support the institutionalisation of the WEF NEXUS approach in national and regional governance structures, and leverage the awareness and engagement of public and private investors with demonstration projects, workshops and the Nexus Resource Platform (www.water-energy-food.org). The programme is implemented in Latin America and the Caribbean, in the Middle East and North Africa and in West Africa (Niger Basin).
The main responsibilities of the intern will be to support the Nexus-team on implementing the Nexus Regional Dialogues Programme on a range of functions, including:
- Support of international communication activities (including the writing of articles, website content management and social media posts)
- Contribution to the development of capacity buidling material
- Maintain an overview of the work produced in the three regions, document the produced deliverables and support the three Regional Dialogues team members in Egypt, Niger and Chile
- Preparation of presentation materials and concept papers
- Support of the team in content and logistical preparation of (virtual) events and workshops
- Knowledge management
and monitoring/evaluation of project achievements
The Nexus-Team is looking for a highly proactive and well organised person, able to work independently and in a team as well as under pressure.
- You should have obtained at least a bachelor’s degree in environmental science, geography, economics, politics, social sciences or any other subject relevant to the topic of the internship
- You have gained knowledge and practical experience in the field of communications, and/or sustainable resource management and policy and with one of the core themes (water, energy and agriculture)
- At best, you already have initial experience in the field of development cooperation (internships and/or volunteer work) and/or in communications
- Very good oral and written communication skills (in German and English), confident in writing texts and in preparing topics conceptually for different target groups (general public, political management level, etc.)
- Fluent in German and English; knowledge of French and Spanish desirable
- You have good organizational skills and are used to work independently and goal-oriented
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than six months ago from the start of your internship.
We pay a monthly stipend of €1.608,- (gross).
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
For further information, please contact Ms.
Stephanie Bilgram (+49 6196 79-7192, firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please find more information to the process of applying and the position here.