Al cargar el vídeo, se enviarán datos a YouTube. Puede encontrar más información en nuestro política de protección de datos.
Online Training Series // Innovative Governance of Food-Water-Energy Nexus in Cities
The Understanding Innovative Governance for Food, Water, and Energy Nexus in Cities (IFWEN) project has been developing innovative governance tools to support cities to adopt nexus approaches that connect food, water, energy, waste and nature. As part of the outputs of this project, this training programme has been developed to share insights from the project and provide opportunities for city-to-city learning. The manner in which this training takes place is through co-learning, with guidance from specialists.
About the webinar series
The broad objective of the IFWEN training programme is to increase local government capabilities to deliver integrated approaches [resources and nature] in their jurisdictions. The specific training outcomes for participants are intended to be:
- Increased Understanding of Food Water Energy Nexus & Green and Blue Infrastructure Systems
- Articulation and sharing of key challenges faced in their cities
- Identification of nexus initiatives or opportunities in their cities using a nexus tool
- Utilisation of a guidance document for the conceptualisation and implementation of nexus initiative
The training will take the following structure, which is detailed in the programme below:
- 19 August - Introduction to Training Course | Why Innovation for, and good governance of, Food-Water-Energy Nexus is Important for Urban Development
- 26 August - How Nexus and Nature Intersect; Understanding Food in the Nexus
- 2 September - Understanding Water & Energy in the Nexus
- 9 September - Government Solutions to Nexus Approaches
- 16 September - Enablers: Financing Integrated Approaches & Ensuring Community Engagement
- 23 September - How does innovation take place for nexus initiatives
- 30 September - Taking forward lessons from IFWEN in your city
You can register here for the Zoom Meeting.
- Urban Nexus Project // Integrated Resource Management in Asian Cities: The Urban Nexus Project
- Urban Nexus // New Urban Nexus Study published by German Development Cooperation and ICLEI
- Urban Nexus Australia // How Modern Technology is Transforming Urban Development
- Project // The Urban Nexus of the Environmental Flows of Water, Energy and Food