European Development Days 2022
The European Development Days (EDD) are Europe’s leading forum on international partnerships. Organised by the European Commission, the forum brings key actors together to share ideas and experiences in ways that inspire new partnerships and innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. For its 15th edition, the EDD will focus on “Global Gateway: building sustainable partnerships for a connected world.”
14 - 15 June 2022 I In Brussels and online
The European Development Days 2022 on “Global Gateway: building sustainable partnerships for a connected world.”
Organised by the European Commission, the European Development Days (EDD) bring the development community together each year to share ideas and experiences in ways that inspire new partnerships and innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. The EDD is a participatory programme.
If you would like to get involved in the EDD 2022, find out more about this year’s themes and topics, the different session types, the submission process and the deadlines. To submit a proposal for a session, a stand or an exhibition/performance and apply for the Young Leaders Programme, you need to create a profile and log into your EDD account.
For each EDD 2022 theme, you can join a group of discussion to interact with other participants, share information and build potential partnerships for organising sessions. Register for and access the groups via the following links:
Themes and Topics
The EDD 2022 will be structured around 5 themes, covering 11 topics in total.
|Theme 1: Digital||Topic 1: Inclusive and green digital growth|
Topic 2: Open and secure internet
Topic 3: Digital and data economies
|Theme 2: Climate and energy||Topic 1: Green and just energy transition|
Topic 2: Integrating energy markets
|Theme 3: Transport||Topic 1: Infrastructure connectivity|
Topic 2: Green and safe mobility
Topic 3: Urban development, smart and interconnected cities
|Theme 4: Health||Topic 1: Security of supply chains and development of local manufacturing|
|Theme 5: Education and research||Topic 1: Science, Technology, Innovation and Research|
Topic 2: Quality education
There will be different types of sessions around these themes and topics, offering different possibilities for you to participate:
- High-Level Panels (HLPs) are highly visible segments of the programme and feature high-profile policymakers and speakers for thought-provoking debates.
- Lab Debates are smaller version of HLPs. They foster debates on the EDD 2022’s topics in an interactive and engaging way.
- Project/Report Presentations are for organisers to share their latest reports and projects on a topic relevant to the EDD’s main theme.
- Brainstorming Sessions are interactive, topic-oriented sessions that enable organisers to involve the audience in rolling-up their sleeves and proposing concrete recommendations through facilitated group-problem solving. Brainstorming sessions will only be held onsite. A summary of the outcomes will however be presented to the audience onsite and online.
- Agora Sessions are an open, multi-purpose area where the EDD community can meet, discuss and listen to new ideas in short, 20-minute sessions held entirely onsite. Agoras are the perfect setting for more informal, highly dynamic discussions.
In the Community Guide you will find more information about each session type, the milestones and deadlines, and the facilities offered during the event.
Please note that while the EDD 2022 will be a hybrid event, Session Organisers and moderators/facilitators must attend in person onsite. Also, we strongly urge speakers to attend in person onsite.
The EDD venue in Brussels and its session spaces will be accessible to all including people with disabilities.
Submission processes and deadlines
If you would like to organise a session at the EDD 2022, please select the session type and fill in the respective online form. Submissions are now open and the deadline to submit proposals is 16 March at 23.59 CET.
As a lead organisation, you may submit up to one proposal for a session (i.e., High-Level Panel, Lab, Project presentation or Brainstorming), up to one proposal for an Agora, up to one proposal for an exhibition, and up to one proposal for a Global Village stand. As a partner organisation, you may be part of additional proposals.
Gender and geographical balance will be considered as a selection requirement.
The selected proposals will be announced end of April.
For support in the submission process, please contact email@example.com.
- Community Guide
- Presentation from the First Community Meeting (22 February 2022)
- Themes and topics with keywords
- Overview of High-Level Panels and Special events
- Global Gateway webpage
- High-Level Panel - Submission form
- Brainstorming sessions - Submission Form
- Lab Debate - Submission Form
- Project Report Presentations - Submission Form
- Young Leaders - Application Form
- Young Leaders - Formulaire d'inscription
- Exhibitions & Performance - Submission Form
- Global Village Stand - Submission Form
- Agora - Submission Form