Conference // The 1st Palestinian-Dutch Conference on Water, sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH), and Climate-Smart agriculture (CSA)
The first Palestinian-Dutch international conference is organized within the framework of the OKP-Pal project on Capacity Building in water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), and climate-smart agriculture (CSA) Education and Research in Palestine, funded by Nuffic, the Netherlands.
November 17-18, 2021
About the event
This 1st Palestinian-Dutch conference is organized within the framework of OKP-Pal project on Capacity Building in WASH and CSA Education and Research in Palestine, funded by Nuffic, the Netherlands.
The 1st Palestinian –Dutch international conference aims to bring together the scientists, researchers, practitioners and students to exchange and share their experience and research in the field of water and agriculture. It also provides a platform to present and discuss recent innovations, trends, practical challenges in the field of water and agriculture. The conference aims to promote the cooperation between Dutch and Palestinian water practitioners to solve issues related to water and agriculture in Palestine.
Conference Themes and Topics
Theme 1: Water, sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH)
- Surface water, groundwater pollution & prevention.
- Water treatment and reuse.
- Groundwater/surface water Modelling.
- Sanitation and hygiene practice.
- Wastewater treatment.
- Entrepreneurship, gender & governance in WASH.
- Water resources management and sustainability.
Theme 2: Climate-smart agriculture (CSA)
- Wastewater treatment and reuse for agriculture.
- Water-efficient Crop production.
- Efficiency in the urban water cycle.
- Food security under climate change.
- Entrepreneurship, gender & governance in CSA.
- Water harvesting techniques and their relation to agriculture.
To register as a listener, please see here. The last date for registration is November 1, 2021.
More information can be found on the event website.
- First Palestine International Water Forum 2018 // Integrated Water Resources Management: Best Practices and Technology Transfer
- Water-Energy Nexus // A Pre-feasibility Study for Mid-east Water-renewable Energy Exchanges