The WaterEnergyNEXUS is one of the most important and priority issues to be resolved for both current and next generations. An additional aim of the upcoming WaterEnergyNEXUS conference is to contribute to the overall goal of enhancing cooperation, integration and sustainable development in the Euro-Mediterranean region on critical topics of Water and Energy.
The first edition of WaterEnergyNEXUS was held last September in Korea during the Asian International Water Week, one of the more relevant and strategic appointments of 2017 in Asia for scientists and professionals that are working in the field of the water industry and sustainability.
The Sanitary Environmental Engineering Division (SEED) of the University of Salerno (Italy) in cooperation with Advanced Institute of Water Industry at Kyungpook National University (Korea) and with The Energy and Resources Institute, TERI (India) is organising the second Edition of WaterEnergyNEXUS Conference.
This edition is organised with the support of the UNESCO World Water Association Programme (WWAP) and of the International Water Association (IWA) and under the patronage of several scientific societies, associations and organisations.
Where and When
The Chamber of Commerce of Salerno
Via Roma, 29, 84121
Salerno SA Italy
14-17 Nov 2018
Topics of interest of the WaterEnergyNEXUS conference include, but are not limited, to the following aspects:
- Nexus framework and governance
- Nexus from the energy perspective;
- Nexus from the water perspective related to energy;
- Existing tools and models in analyzing the nexus;
- Land, climate and energy constraints on water and food sectors;
- Governance challenges in the Water-Energy Nexus;
- Governance in supporting innovations in renewable energies and mitigating climate change impacts;
- Investment and finance for energy and water infrastructure;
- Environmental technologies for the sustainable development of the water sector
- Water-energy nexus/energy saving technology;
- Nutrients/hazardous substances control;
- Appropriate water/wastewater technologies for developing countries;
- Advanced technology or Nature based solutions for water;
- Green technologies for sustainable water and wastewater management;
- Renewable/valuable resources recovery and utilization;
- Wastewater/waste to energy;
- Future clean energy technologies and systems under water constraints
- Water needs in the energy systems such as power plants, fuel refineries, renewable energy development, and carbon capture & storage, etc.;
- Energy needs for water supply and agriculture: extraction, transportation, and disposal of water, livestock production, fertilizer production, irrigation, food transportation etc.;
- Agriculture and land-use impacts on future energy systems;
- Future urban energy systems with considerations of water and food security;
- Implementation and best practices
- Technology innovations for supporting global secure access to clean energy and water;
- Reductions in water and wastewater utility operational costs through energy efficiency improvements;
- Case studies of innovative technologies and policies in municipalities and industries for energy and water savings;
- Energy and water consumption and balance flows of urban and industrial systems.
- 22 Mar 2018 – Paper submission open
- 30 Jun 2018 – Deadline for paper submission
- 5 Aug 2018 – Acceptance notification
- 15 Aug 2018 – Early-bird registration close
- 16 Aug 2018 – Regular registration open
- 1 Oct 2018 – Deadline for regular registration
For a full list of speakers and more information, please visit the conference website.