Each year up to date topics in the field of energy transition are discussed by senior representatives from research & development, business and authorities. The convention is of growing size and importance, with up to 1000 visitors last year. The convention is hosted by the University of Groningen and co-hosted by Energy Valley Foundation.
The first edition of the convention was held in 2004. This year, 2012, the eighth edition will take place. The EDC platform will host three main conferences:
- Back To The Future Of Gas, organized by Energy Delta Gas Research (EDGaR)
- Changing Infrastructures
- Energy, Food and Water
On top of these conferences, the EDC includes a number of high level plenary events: keynotes, forum, dinners, networking lunches. A high profile speaker will deliver the concluding plenary speech. Also there will be a number of side events, also with special interest for young energy professionals and students.
The Energy Delta Convention has stated the following goals:
- To create an unique international, interdisciplinary platform on challenges in the field of future energy production, transport and supply.
- To apply the triangle of business, science and government that is key for an effective process of energy transition.
- To cover state of the art energy and sustainability research.
- To demonstrate good examples of energy transition and technology.
- To enhance the visibility of the city Groningen and the Northern Netherlands as a hot spot for energy research and technology.