Organized by UNU-Flores, the Technical University Dresden and the Leibnitz Institute, many other organisations such as German ministries, governmental and non-governmental organisations as well as independent researchers from all over the world will take part. Preparing workshops have already been conducted in India and Tanzania.
- How can environmental resources be maintained and enhanced?
- How can a more efficient and sustainable use of environmental resources be facilitated?
- How to attract support for the promotion of research, capacity development and implementation related to achieving the SDGs?
- How can a transition towards a green economy be facilitated?
- Day 1: Demography: How to cope with the increasing demand for biomass?
- Day 2: Urbanization: What kind of governance arrangements can foster sustainable use of environmental resources?
- Day 3: Climate: How to cope with the impact of increasing frequency
- Elena Manaenkova (World Meteorological Organization)
- Joseph Alcamo (University of Kassel, Germany)
- Saeed Nairizi (International Commission on Irrigation and Drainage)
- William Rees (University of British Columbia, Canada)
- Michael Herrmann (United Nations Population Fund)
- LÃ¡szlÃ³ MiklÃ³s (Technical University Zvolen, Slovakia)