Where and when
18-23 March 2018
Nexus Presentations at the ACS National Meeting 2018
The presentations, which are among more than 13,000 scheduled to take place at the meeting, will be held on Sunday, March 18, from 3pm to 6pm in Great Hall A of the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. The opening session, as well as all thematic programming, is organized by Jerald Schnoor of the University of Iowa.
The talks will focus on adapting to future challenges in the area of food, energy and water. The titles of the opening session talks are listed below:
- Mark Jacobson: Transitioning world energy for all purposes to stable electricity powered by 100% wind, water, and sunlight
- Yun Hang Hu: Advanced materials and processes for energy and water
- Pratim Biswas: Nanoparticle technology enabling smart agriculture solutions: Nexus of food and environment
- David A. Dzombak: Unconventional hydrocarbon development and water resources
- Amy Childress: Integrating systems of water reuse and desalination: More water, less energy
A welcome reception for meeting attendees will immediately follow the opening session.
The American Chemical Society, the world’s largest scientific society, is a not-for-profit organization chartered by the U.S. Congress. ACS is a global leader in providing access to chemistry-related information and research through its multiple databases, peer-reviewed journals and scientific conferences. ACS does not conduct research, but publishes and publicizes peer-reviewed scientific studies. Its main offices are in Washington, D.C., and Columbus, Ohio.