بتحميل الفيديو، سيتم إرسال بيانات إلى موقع يوتيوب. ويمكن الاطلاع على مزيد من المعلومات في سياستنا المعنية بحماية البيانات.
Video // Webinar on Nexus Technical Solutions - Technical Solutions in the Mediterranean: Experience and Opportunities
Global Water Partnership–Mediterranean (GWP-Med), in partnership with the Secretariat of the Union of the Mediterranean (UfM) co-organised a Webinar on Water-Energy-Food-Ecosystems Nexus in Practice – "Technical Solutions in the Mediterranean : Experience and Opportunities" on 21 July 2020.
GWP-Med co-organised a Webinar on Water-Energy-Food-Ecosystems Nexus in Practice – "Technical Solutions in the Mediterranean : Experience and Opportunities" on 21 July 2020, 13:30-15:00 CEST. Please find the Webinar agenda and concept note here.
The Webinar was organised by the Global Water Partnership–Mediterranean (GWP-Med), in partnership with the Secretariat of the Union of the Mediterranean (UfM), in the framework of the “Making Water Cooperation happen in the Mediterranean” Project, aka Water Matchmaker Project, supported by Sida. It operationally links with and contributes to the GEF UNEP/MAP MedProgramme ‘Child 2.2’ Project on WEFE Nexus.
Agenda and Quick links to Videos:
- Welcome – Mr. Almotaz Abadi, Managing Director for Water, UfM (3 minutes)
- WEFE Nexus Technical Solutions and Experiences in the Mediterranean – Ms. Konstantina Toli, Theme Leader, GWP-Med (15 minutes)
- Experience from WEFE Nexus Assessment in the North West Saharan Aquifer System – Dr. Annukka Lipponen, Environmental Affairs Officer, UNECE (12 minutes)
- WEFE Nexus Experience in MENA
- Mr. Omar Abu Eid, Energy, Environment and Climate Change Programme Manager at the EU delegation to Jordan (10 minutes)
- Eng. Ali Hayajneh, Programme Manager, Water & Climate Change, IUCN ROWA (10 minutes)
- Dr. Amgad Elmahdi, Director of MENA Region, IWMI (10 minutes)
- Discussion, Q&A
The Water-Food-Energy-Ecosystems (WEFE) Nexus approach provides an important framework for promoting a coherent, holistic and integrated implementation of the related Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), given the interdependencies among these sectors.
Nexus solutions include a variety of technical interventions that benefit at least two of the four WEFE Nexus sectors while ensuring positive outcomes for all sectors. These include a range of technical applications to improve management of water resources, improve use efficiency, increase crop productivity or mobilise alternative sources of water to increase availability. These applications involve small to medium scale interventions at the local level, or larger scale, multi-purpose infrastructures, like multi-purpose dams and wastewater treatment plants with resource recovery.
During the Webinar, distinguished panelists with hands-on experience of Nexus technical applications:
- shared case studies and tangible examples of WEFE Nexus technical solutions applied in the Mediterranean region, with emphasis in the Middle East and North Africa region.
- shared lessons learnt and create a common understanding of challenges and opportunities in applying WEFE Nexus technical solutions.
WATCH THE WEBINAR SESSIONS:
- Publication // Reconciling resource uses: Assessment of the water-food-energy-ecosystems nexus in the North Western Sahara Aquifer System
- Publication // An analytical framework to assess SDG targets within the context of WEFE nexus in the Mediterranean region
- Project // AWESOME: mAnaging Water, Ecosystems and food across sectors and Scales in the sOuth Mediterranean