The Congress will explore the topics of resilient and sustainable cities with a focus on climate change adaptation and mitigation. The challenges of climate change adaptation and incorporating uncertainty into the city vision and infrastructure will be discussed together with the impacts and responses of climate change on water resources. Reductions in greenhouse gas emissions, operating in a carbon constrained world and a focus on renewable energy including practical applications and integration in to the energy mix will be covered.
Solutions to these challenges, including the role of technologies and smart networks will also be a central theme. Recognising that technology is only part of the solution the conference will also address the economic, political and regulatory aspects of water, climate and energy.
The congress will attract up to 2,000 international participants for this global event and will feature a large industry presence and trade exhibition.
Submissions for oral and poster presentation are invited on the topics listed below supplemented by invited talks by world experts and political leaders.
- Environment and Ecology
- Communications & Information
- Climate Change
- Economics and Policy
- Water, Agriculture and Food
- Special Programmes
Who should attend?
- Academic and Industry Researchers
- Utility Companies and Industry Suppliers
- City and Municipal Planners and Managers
- Government Policy and Regulatory Officials
- Environmental and Energy-Related Organisations
- Water Resource/Catchment Managers
- Leaders in Climate Change Policy
- Practitioners in the Smart Green Economy